Permission to Use and Copyright Information
Copyright (c) 2011 Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International. All rights reserved. Permission To Use Requirements are below.
Kidpower Permission to Use Requirements for Articles and Other Program Content
As a nonprofit, Kidpower’s vision is to work together to build cultures of caring, respect, and safety for everyone, everywhere.
Our mission is to give people the Kidpower “People Safety” tools they need to lead safer, more joyful lives — and use of our program in different places by different people helps to further that mission.
The purpose of our Permission to Use Requirements is to share Kidpower’s resources in ways that: are sustainable for our organisation, protect our copyright, uphold our quality standards, document the use of our program, and increase our visibility so that others can learn about and benefit from our services.
You can put as many links to articles on our site as you wish with no restrictions, since this brings people to our site. You may also reproduce the PDFs provided with articles for any personal or noncommercial use since these include our letterhead and copyright information. In both cases, we would really appreciate your letting us know as this helps us document our program use. Please Contact Us.
If you wish to publish or use our articles or program content in any other digital or printed format, our Permission to Use Requirements include:
- To Contact Us for permission. Explain what articles or other material you want to use and how you want to use them. We normally grant permission for personal and charitable noncommercial purposes as long as our Permission to Use Requirements are followed.
- To acknowledge Kidpower visibly and clearly at the beginning of the article or other use for any use of our program and tell others how to reach us both internationally and through any local centers. Please have active links for anything done electronically, include a reference with a link to any specific articles used, and our logo if you use graphics.For example, AT THE BEGINNING of any article used or other material that is extensively quoted or paraphrased, please put this acknowledgement as an introductory note or byline: “Thank you to Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International and (author’s name) for permission to use this copyrighted article. Kidpower is a global nonprofit leader in providing safety education to prevent and stop bullying, violence, and abuse. For more resources, see www.kidpower.org or contact email@example.com.”
- To NOT use our Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower organizational or program names or copyrighted organisational and program description language for your own marketing or fundraising because this might give a confusing impression that you are part of our organisation – unless of course, you actually have developed a partnership with our organisation and are receiving training and authorisation to represent us in your area.
- To include Kidpower’s name with the title and/or author of the article.
- Where you put your own copyright notice for a newsletter, to add our copyright notice: [Article Title] reprinted by special permission. Copyright (c) Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International 2011 All rights reserved. www.kidpower.org.
- To not keep more than two of our Kidpower articles at a time on your website. We have been advised that it hurts both your and our Google rankings to have too much duplicative material on our websites, so we need to limit the number you use at a time – but you can rotate them if you wish. In fact, many groups send our articles out to their constituents in their newsletters, blogs, and papers.
- To let us know if any of these requirements don’t work for you so we can discuss to see if you can figure out how to share our material in a way that meets both our needs.
- To tell us how use of our program ideas or materials benefited your readers or the people you serve, including sharing stories and comments.
The Kidpower and Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International name and logo, and all related product and service names are the trademarks and copyrighted property of Irene van der Zande and Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International. All other product and service marks contained herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. You may not use any Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower or third party trademarks or logos without the prior written consent of Irene van der Zande, Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower International or the applicable trademark owner.
The materials on this website are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other proprietary rights and laws. For example, Irene van der Zande and Kidpower Teenpower Fullpower own a copyright in the selection, organization, arrangement and enhancement of the Materials, as well as in the Materials original to itself. Third parties whose Materials appear on this website own the copyright in the Materials original to them.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL IRENE VAN DER ZANDE OR HER HEIRS OR KIDPOWER TEENPOWER FULLPOWER INTERNATIONAL, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS OR EMPLOYEES (ALL COLLECTIVELY REFERED TO AS THE “KIDPOWER GROUP” HENCEFORTH) BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, MISUSE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE UPON THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF THE KIDPOWER GROUP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE GROUP LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
ADDITIONALLY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE KIDPOWER GROUP BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT, GOODS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH ANY EXTERNAL SITES LINKED FROM THIS WEBSITE.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances shall the Kidpower Group be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.
In being given access to these materials by the Kidpower Group, you are agreeing to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Kidpower Group from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees that arise from your use or misuse of the Materials or this website. The Kidpower Group reserves the right, at it own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with the Kidpower Group in asserting any available defences.